1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for the stuffing:
Preparation for the shortcrust pastry:
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- With cool fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and keep stirring
- The dough should not be sticky.
- Gently bring the dough into a ball by hand, gathering up any stray bits of dough.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for a couple of hours before using.
- To use, roll lightly with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface.
Preparation for the stuffing:
Roll the dough thick about 5mm and put it on the pan.