- 2 tablespoons (2 turns around the pan) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tin flat anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 20 oil-cured tuscan olives, cracked away from pit
- 3 tablespoons small capers
- 1 (32-ounce) can chunky style crushed tomatoes
- A couple of handfuls flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked to al dente
DirectionsHeat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil, garlic, anchovies, and crushed pepper. Saute mixture until anchovies melt into oil and completely dissolve and garlic is tender, about 3 minutes. Add olives, capers, tomatoes and parsley. Bring sauce to a bubble, reduce heat, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
Toss sauce with cooked pasta.